Audio Horizons TP 2.0 Preamplifier

Anyone famaliar with the manufacturer,and in particular
this pre amp.The credentials and testimonials seem
impressive.The advertised 10 day audition is appealing.
markwatkiss
LA45,
Are you waiting for the preamp to arrive or the break-in to arrive? The preamp as received from Joseph takes about 48 hours to smooth out. It will gradually improve over the next few days. I recommend that before you start looking into tweaks for the preamp, just listen to and ejoy it for a while as is. The better you understand how it sounds in your system, the more you'll appreciate the minor tweaks available for it. I would also recommend that you tweak your room acoustics, and make sure that you have the best interconnects and power cords which will make bigger improvements for your system vs. tweaking Joseph's preamp. The tweaks which you can do to the preamp such as tube rolling and iec subs,IMHO, will be subtle compared to other things in your sound room. Have fun, though with your tweaking, but don't go crazy with it and miss out on just enjoying the music from your system.

Hi Sherod,

Great advice. I will delay making any changes (keeping all current gear in place in the room) until the preamp fully breaks in. It does sound clean and focused after 6 hours so its good to hear that it will smooth itself out after 48 hours.

May I ask what is your front end source?
I am currently using a McCormack UDP-1 universal player and mostly listening to my Joseph Chow modified Citation Eighteen tuner. I'm presently experimenting with power cords on my monoblocks. I will be doing an interesting tweak on the preamp soon, so I'll let everyone in when it is finished. Joseph has approved of this experimental tweak, so it will be an interesting experiment. Stay tuned for updates.
Sherod,

Look forward to any "improvements" you or anyone can offer. This is alot of fun.
Sherod
I love mysteries. I am guessing that he approved adding a bunch of damping material to the chassis. Any one else have a guess?