best preamp ever - cost is no object

Hello there,

I am in the running for a new preamp, cost is no object.
Would appreciate to hear comments from you out there.
Thinking about Lyra Connoisseur 4.2 SE among others.
Poweramp is Tenor 150, speakers are Eidolon diamonds.
Thanks for your help and experience.
aspera
Mrtennis and Oxia, of course I agree that no one can really say anything is the best. I must say, Oxia, that I don't regard what limited aspects we can measure as a superior method for evaluation. This is the old objectivist position.

Given the many line stages I have heard, however, none even approaches the new P-12R. As a long time tube equipment user who often dismissed solid state linestages with the exception of the TAD, I can assure everyone that the P-12R has none of the characteristics of either tubes or transistors.

As I have said, I have had six or seven different versions of this line stage as it evolved into the exceptional unit I have today. I just replaced an H-Cat of two versions ago with the P-12R. One would not want to listen to the old unit, as good as it was.

I don't think there is much purpose in verbally discussing sound other than to say, "wow, you have got to hear this."
hi tbg:

i think it would be useful to say why you like the solid state p 12 r so much. what does "wow go listen to it mean" ?

if i like tube products because they have a certain character, would i want to hear the p 12r and why ? again, less hype, ambiguity and more facts and descriptions is most useful/
Mrtennis, all that I wish to convey to you and others is that they should go to listen to this unit which greatly impresses me and which I believe is unrivaled by anything I have ever heard.

I doubt if you could be convinced by anything I say nor am I willing to try. I have used tube line stages for many years and know that some are better than others, so I don't really know what you mean about preferring a "tube" sound. I can assure you and others that the H-Cat P-12R does not have the grain I have heard in many other solid state line stages, nor any of the smear, slowness, and boom I have heard in some tube line stages. But it is the clarity and realness of the sound stage that most impresses those who have heard the new H-Cat. Please, Mrtennis, don't try it, you might like it.
hi tbg:

as i said in an earlier post i auditioned both the preamp and the amp in my own stereo system, which at the time included the magnepan 2.7 . yes, i heard the clarity, but i also heard a typical transistor sound.

it's not about convincing, its about hyping. a word to the wise is always sufficient.

a statement of its clarity and soundstage capability would have been sufficient, without the verbal histrionics.
Mrtennis, if you are accusing me of hyping, go to hell. You heard a very aged unit and claim to have heard a very transistor sound. I heard a unit of the same age but heard nothing like this. What would you conclude?

As I will say for the last time to you, please do not listen to the new P-12R, you might like it.