PS Audio GCPH comments-opinions

Hi All, I'd like to garner opinions on how owners of this Unit, like them, their take on the internal componentry used, the operation of the unit, and technical aspects.

Was wondering can one deviate from the factory loading presets in any way, should one wish to try different loading values versus the factory pre-set settings?

My Cartridge is a original Hi-Output Glider with 1.9Mv Output, internal Impedance of 85ohms, and loading recommendations of 1000k-47K
A mini-review would be sweet! mark
markd51
markd51,
To download the manual go onto the PS Audio site and click into "Customer Care" where you will find Owner's Manuals and Instructions for all of the PS Audio equipment.
John

Short-Circuit,
I have the info at my office on the biz offering the GCPH over the internet for $830 + shipping. I will try to post it for you asap.
John
Sit, I've noticed on the PS Audio Site, under Warrantee guidlines, that they claim the only current factory authorized E-Tailers are MusicDirect, and Audio Advisor.

It's possible that this deal may have no factory warrantee, nor a 30 day free in home trial period? mark
Mark & Short Circuit,
I cannot find the name of the internet business selling new, from the factory, not grade "B", GCPH units for $830 + shipping. I must have tossed the sheet I wrote on when I bought the Art Audio unit. This is real though. Scan the net and make some calls. I had to call to get the price. I could have ordered one that day with unit in their inventory expected within 20 to 25 days from PS Audio. I do not know if they offered 30-day test as I was not interested in that. Full factory warranty was included. If I locate this info I will post it.
John
Mark - If you want to read about the hum one user was experiencing, do a Google search for PS Audio GCPH - you'll find it! Fred
The hum issue you're discussing is from only one poster. The problem seemed to be specific to his rig and set up because the good folks at PS Audio took the unit back and couldn't duplicate the problem.

I have been test driving the GCPH the past 30 days and find it VERY impressive. Compares quite favorably with much higher-priced units. It's extremely well-thoughtout and solidly built. Balanced outputs, too! For a retail price of under $1,000 it's a great bargain.

The way to get it for $830 is to buy a B-stock unit from the PS Audio website. B-stock means nothing, these units are usually brand new or barely used by a dealer. You still get a full warranty.

Personally, I think the GCPH is a winner and shows that PS Audio understands how make audiophile-quality gear at sensible prices.