PS Audio GCPH comments-opinions

Hi All, I'd like to garner opinions on how owners of this Unit, like them, their take on the internal componentry used, the operation of the unit, and technical aspects.

Was wondering can one deviate from the factory loading presets in any way, should one wish to try different loading values versus the factory pre-set settings?

My Cartridge is a original Hi-Output Glider with 1.9Mv Output, internal Impedance of 85ohms, and loading recommendations of 1000k-47K
A mini-review would be sweet! mark
markd51

Showing 1 response by output555

The hum issue you're discussing is from only one poster. The problem seemed to be specific to his rig and set up because the good folks at PS Audio took the unit back and couldn't duplicate the problem.

I have been test driving the GCPH the past 30 days and find it VERY impressive. Compares quite favorably with much higher-priced units. It's extremely well-thoughtout and solidly built. Balanced outputs, too! For a retail price of under $1,000 it's a great bargain.

The way to get it for $830 is to buy a B-stock unit from the PS Audio website. B-stock means nothing, these units are usually brand new or barely used by a dealer. You still get a full warranty.

Personally, I think the GCPH is a winner and shows that PS Audio understands how make audiophile-quality gear at sensible prices.