Best power cable for levinon no 336?

hello
will be upgrading to the ml 336 running revel studios and was wondering if anyone had any thoughts/experience on the best power cables for this beast....
would also be interested to hear thoughts on speaker cables
thanks
dp37
Dp37,

There's lots of snake-oil out there when it comes to cables. Ask yourself what's been run inside your sheet-rock walls, out to the step-down transformer, miles upon miles of "unshielded" KV wiring, through switching yards, all the way back to the generating stations. Where's all this cable technology being utilized there? Can anyone honestly tell me how a three foot aftermarket cable, costing hundreds to thousands of dollars, can make a difference? Oh, and someone with substantial electronics background, including R.F. knowledge.

When my co-workers and I read some of these manufacturing/marketing claims, with each of us having 30 years experience in electronics, just laugh our heads off. Please readers...buyer beware. Find a way to aquire several ot these so-called Audiophile cables, do some kind of blind A-B-C testing, and don't be steered by ego or written claims during audition.
i am wondering if a better investment may be one of the power conditioners
i am considering products from ps audio and the "hydra" series from shunyata

any thoughts on these from users?
Dp37,

There is a current posting regarding your question lower in the forum list. Most amp manufacturers will suggest plugging directly into the AC outlet. Call them directly for technical advice, rather than "conditioner" manufacturers praying on your concerns. Not to say that they couldn't be used for protection of sensitive or low current drawing electronics (preamps, digital players, etc.), but may conflict with recovery timing of amplifier's instantaneous large current swings.

As with all your questions pertaining to aftermarket product equipment/tweaks, ask yourself why and how they could make a substantial difference in audio playback. How much of this so-called "Audiophile" technology does the recording in dustry utilize within their studio equipment? Very few! Just like with anything else, if there's a way to make money off the unsuspecting, maketing strategy goals are to suggest doupt. Just look at all the TV advertisements for medicine, personal hygene products, and the list is endless. Just try to understand what/why they're marketing.
food for thought.......
i see some intrinsic value in the ps audio products
by allegedly regenerating the current using some stored charges- it seems that it would make sense
the current in my house is shitty
i need to address it.
Not to cause a commotion, and I do not claim to know exactly "why" but that last 3 foot of cable does indeed make a difference to your components in systems like you're building. I have heard the differences that power cables can make in a variety of systems at my home and a friends. I have heard cable changes degrade and enhance the sound. Is there some "snake oil" out there in the hobby, "yes" but in my experience many of the tweaks make more than subtle differeneces in your system.
Running a dedicated electrical line to your amp of at least 20 amps will make more of a differnce than the power cord. While your at it, run another line to for your digital gear and one to your preamp if possible. I've found that these tweaks were more profound than any other tweak I've made.