Tube Research Labs Solid State Designs

Has anybody heard Paul Weitzel's designs that would expand on the signature sound of his amplifiers

I'm very much interested in buying one of his amps but I have not heard it and going solely on what I hear

I can't seem to find any pictures anywhere
The TRL websight has not been updated in a while
Paul must be busy working on Medical breakthroughs
bluemike
Thx Kurt for your informative reply on the subject
Have you also had a chance to listen to the Audipax 88
I can go either way ss or Tube with my speakers and wanted to get your personal experiences of both amps
What trade offs do I give up Trl vs Audiopax 88 stereo
The price of the Audiopax is double the Trl I may be able to pick one up second hand if I decided to go that route

My room is 15x12 and I don't listen at high levels 80db or less
Bluemike,
Again, I owned the Audiopax 88's at a time when I did not have the TRl and they are so different it is hard to compare.
I think the Audiopax are wonderful with the right speaker...one of the most natural and musical amps I have had the pleasure of using.
The TRL is more versatile and mine (ST 225) has the benefit of being an integrated so again on the value scale it is not close.
It's really probably a Chocolate/Vanilla thing with these.
The TRL has a more dynamic, vivid and forward presentation where the Audiopax has more of an organic and liquid quality.
Both are musical and your preference would most likely lie with associated equipment (synergy) and personal taste.

Kurt
I also have a small listening room, smaller than yours in fact. One thing the TRL will afford you is the opportunity to listen at low volume while retaining excellent detail and musicality.
Thx Kurt and Tony for your opinions on the subject
I beleive kurt nailed it when he said "it's really a chocolate or vanilla with these"

There both great amps
Synergy is important and my setup can go either way
I have a pre amp that is very much neutral
Ribbon speakers with a fostex driver that are considered forward sounding (Tonian Acoustics NFSM)
Tubed digital that is warm and organic
And Cables that border on the warm and ogranic side

I listen to many different types of music be it rock jazz blues and classical

I prefer a very natural sound and would like my amplifier to simply reproduce the recording as is.. be it good or bad.

I'm also in the latter stage of treating the room and first reflection points
The room has less than desirable acoustics and is something that I need to consider when looking for my next amp upgrade
I am playing around with room treatment as well right now. I am also adjusting toe-in on my speakers and finding that makes a big difference in the soundstage and imaging. I do have a nasty bass reflection though that tends to throw the bass on the towards the other side of the soundstage. I guess a bass trap or plant behind the speakers might help this.

If you prefer natural sound and accurate reproduction you just nailed the D-225. I know we have spoken about this a lot recently but that sums it up right there. As Kurt said the value factor is very high and you would have to spend significantly more to achieve the same results with other equipment.