Bad idea? Budget int. tube amp with Maggie 1.6's?

Okay amp geeks. I'm assembling a budget second system and I love having the Maggies as a second option. I also love the look and sound of tubes. Will the budget offerings from the likes of Cayin, Jolida, Antique Sound Labs, Sophia, or Onix have the juice to power the Maggies. Is it a good match? Who has been there done that? I'm counting on your wisdom. Please school me.
hazel_motes
Kehut. The 1.6's are calling you. Yes you can buy them again. And again. And again.

Thanks geeks.

I will definitely avoid anything under 30 watts.

(I presently have them hooked up to an old NAD integrated (C370). But I can't help but wondering what they will sound like with tubes.)

Manley Stingray quest begins now. Any other suggestions? Any leads on a used Stingray?
i think a arc classic 60 might do it... has anyone tried it ??

maggies like a lot of current and arent as sonically amp sensitive as other speakers...

a really good muse, classe, pse would do the trick with a really nice tube pre (muse mono's for $650 and a bat vk3i for $800 - $1500 total and you a sweet, reliable setup...)
Philjolet
"I have owned maggie 1.6 and tried Rogue 120 magnum and also manley stingray and quite frankly the stingray sounded more alive and is suprisingly a great match. I was going to mention it before reading the post above. One more vote for the stingray. the rogue sounded blah in comparison like i would expect most tube gear to sound with maggies in general, just no current to drive them babies."

Hmmm, I'm surprised by this. My 4 ohm Apogee Duetta Signatures are harder to drive than the Maggie 1.6's...go a lot deeper in bass also (25hz)...oh well, I've heard stranger things.

Dave
this isnt what you want to hear, but high powered ss is the way to go for maggies.....seek out mccormick, cj, forte, or bryston. a nice used amp and pre would be reasonibly priced and allow you to get the magic from your maggies.
There are some solid state integrated amps rated at 100 wpc or higher; the Consonance C-100 and Qinpu are a couple nice sounding "budget" integrated amps that will easily drive your Maggies. Any of the push-pull tube integrated amps using KT88s or 6550s should also be able to drive your speakers without any problem.