what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34
Beyond the subjective listing tests and parts quality, there are also the measurements. The DK is an amp that measures better then most separates in the $10K - $20K range. Starting with the square wave response, have you looked at the traces? Perfect at 1kHz!

So while you can trash the sound all day long based on your "subjective" evaluation, you definitely get the specs that you paid for, and this means that you are getting an almost perfect reproduction of the input signal.

All of your attempts to trash this product can only be viewed as an alterior motive to accompish something that is beyond the scope of these threads.
>>you definitely get the specs that you paid for, and this means that you are getting an almost perfect reproduction of the input signal<<

This examplifies how little you know. There are many speakers that measure perfect 20-20K and sound like sh**. Specs and statistics are for losers and uninformed/uneducated audiophiles. Know what I mean Vern?
I still haven't trashed the product, notwithstanding your histronics. In fact, from what I see, I've said here and elsewhere that it's a good value new, and a superb one used. My reservations regard an ill conceived and absurd shilling campaign, of which you seem to be one of the principle proponents for many months now. DK is not the right answer for everything - honest, just get over it.
Oh, and by the way, if you find yourself in Manhattan sometime, send an email and come by the office - best view in the city without question and other perks that'll boggle your mind. Well, maybe not your mind.
Snofun, my post was actually meant for Charlie101. In regards to specs, they definetly stand for competent engineering. In this industry there are people who will convince you that if you rub your interconnect a certain way that your system will sound better. So this brings me to my question Charlie, how do you determine that the amps on your list crush the DK? It is all based on whim, and this is completely subjective.

Finally, in regards to uninformed/uneducated audiophiles you are the best example of that. A flat frequency response definitely does not determine the quality or performance of a speaker since even the cheapest 50 cent drivers can be equalized to be flat. However, in order for an amplifier to put out a perfect square wave this requires it to act like an almost perfect voltage source, with an incredible fast rise time, and signal tracking accuracy. This does translate into better sound.

I challange you to find a cheap amplifier with a good squarewave response. You will see that all cheap and low quality amps have a terrible square wave. This is the one spec that really does tell you a lot about the quality of a component.
charlie101, I would bet a lot of people feel sorry for you. Have you ever had anything to say that was remotely positive on any audio subject on this website? I think everybody know's your opinion on this amp, there really is no need for you to post anymore on my thread. I would like to hear from people that have real world EXPERIENCE with the dk, and again if anyone has heard my amp(cayin ta-30) AND the dk, please give your opinions!