what is the REAL deal with DK

I know there has been a lot on this manufacturer, but I just discovered them myself(today). I have never read so many positives while at the same time read so many negatives on any on amp(or any product for that matter). At the same time they are getting huge pats on the back from two different magazines? Could some owners of the Dk vs1 mk 2 offer there opinions that still own them, I maybe looking for an intergrated hybrid that has some power and this is the only one that seems to fit the bill in my price range. So...why the extreme positive and negative?!
sean34
Post removed 
Thanks for your response...I will say that is one of the nicest looking amps I have ever seen. Has anyone heard the DK compared to the pathos integrated?
Well, a quick search of the threads on DK reveals...NOTHING!

What happened to the volumes of lively debate over the merits of this amp?

Why would Audiogon deep-six all that stuff?

Why does the government deny they are holding alien corpses in area 51?

Why won't Nessie reveal herself to her friends?

What state DOESN'T have a family of Bigfoot creatures in hiding?

Alas, some mysteries will remain cloaked in darkness FOREVER....................
I auditioned the DK II driving some sonus faber auditors locally and it was awesome. I almost bought the entire setup right there. It is right on the top of my list for my power needs. The owners of the shop see a lot of really nice equipment - and they have this in the middle of their show pieces. I have been out of the high end gear game for years and this amp has sparked my interest in high end audio again. That is how I found this site 3 weeks ago. I hope this helps -

I hope this helps.
i sold some nice seperates and auditioned other amps (mac and classe) and ended up buying the dk mkII amp to drive my totem mani 2's. when people hear the amp, they like the sound. they did have some wierd marketing tactics early on and alot of people didn't like it. imo, most of the rants were childish which most audiophiles should have ignored. the only way to judge a piece of equipment is to listen to it, not worry about how other people think about the advertising.