Anyone Using XM or Sirius On Their System?

Anyone using Sirius or XM satellite radio on their system? If so, how does the sound compare to FM radio?

thanks......mitch
128x128mitch4t
XM sound quality is mediocre. Compressed and rolled-off in the HF. I find it difficult to listen to. Also, the announcers/DJs are unnecessary and annoying. It's going back this week.

FM and DMX are superior.

Kal
I have listened extensively to both in my system. XM seems to have mor band width and be less mid-fi. XM also has a larger play list. Sirius is more compressed and sounds closer to an mp3 download. It doesn't make much difference in the car, but it's very noticeable when doing critical listening. Each also offers some very different program choices, but imho XM is clearly better sonically.
Another alternative is Music Choice on digital cable (Time Warner for me). No commercials and the sound is quite good.
I have a Polk XM tuner routed through a Benchmark DAC-1. Sound is much better than FM. More detail, better sondstage; still not at CD levels, but a huge imporvement in sound and no commericals. However, just like FM where some station formats (Classical, Jazz) are less compressed than let's say Easy Listening & rock, the same holds true for satelite.
I'm using the Polk XM unit and it's great for finding new music or for back ground tunes it's nice. For critical listening, well it doesn't cut it but I didn't buy it for that purpose. Running through a D/A also helps alot but still a few steps away from CD quality.