Need help with preamp purchase

What I have so far.
cd ayre c5xe
amp h20 S250

Looking for an active preamp with balanced connections. Has to have a remote. I will also concider a passive pre with the above features. The most important thing is that it has to mate well with the h20. Price wise I'm concidering $5000 - $6000. I can go a little above $6000 but not by much. Oh and no tubes at all!!! Come on guys voice your thoughts!!!
chadaudio816
BAT VK-51SE....sorry, but you can't really do any better if you love music.....IMHO.
I highly recommend the Ayre K-1XE.
It has 3 balanced and 3 single ended inputs.
It has an optional remote.
(Note the remote only controls volume and mute, but that works fine for me.)
It has optional phono boards that are very, very good.
Check the reviews and you will find it is an excellent choice.

New the price exceeds your price range, but used, it comes in a bit below. (I believe Jtinn has a fully loaded K-1XE, with remote and phono boards for sale for $4,900.)

Good Luck in your search.
Chadaudio816, I would recommend you put on your audition list the Placette dual active line stage. It retails for $4500.00, but you can ask Guy Hammel, designer/owner of Placette, to build you one with balanced connections for a slight increase in price. My Placette replaced a ML-32 reference which cost $10000.00 more. I had auditioned over six pre-amps before I decided on the Placette and find it to be a wonderful linestage that brought my whole system to another sonic level of enjoyment.
B/c of the low input impendance of the ICE modules, there may be compatability issues w/ a passive preamp.
The H20 won't work well with a passive preamp. Why don't you buy the "Fire preamp" from Henry the designer of the H20 amps?

Dave