Audiophile blues...

I have Muddy Waters folk singer and Lightning hopkins Going away. ..both stellar...any other quality blues from this era?..
128x128phasecorrect
"And since when has 50's technology and Tube equipment been a benchmark for great sound."

Since, well, er......forever?

Shakey
"And since when has 50's technology and Tube equipment been a benchmark for great sound?" Shakey, maybe you ought to tell him that numerous guitar amps of the tubed variety are still in production today, many are considered collector's items for the sound, and many "new" amps have been modelled on the old tube ones. Also, many effects boxes strive to emulate that sound as well. The same goes for tubed audio equipment-some people love old Heathkits and Dynacos, and though far from "perfect" sound, many still love them. Recording companies like EMI still use some tube circuits to record, including certain brands considered to be audiophile labels.
There is some blues from the 50s and 60s that I think is complimented by scratchy vinyl. Makes it feel like more of a period work. I'd rather listen to my very worn Prestige Mose Allison records on Prestige - even with all the noise - than the CD version any day. That's just my odd opinion of course. No right or wrong. enjoy the tunes.