Bat VK75 or Mcintosh MC 402

Looking for some warmth with my JPLab Utopia micro be's
I heard good things about the Bat and I know it would give you that type of sound but never had a tube amp before
kind of skeptical. I have heard the Mac402 will give you that type of sound and has gotten rave reviews also. Any input inmates would be appreciated.
bgeorge50
gotta go with mac. the 402 has autoformers, and the sound is as smooth as silk(in that regard, tube-like. it will also drive any commercial loudspeaker using but a tiny fraction of its rated power. much like your speakers, exceptional.....but also (slightly on the warm side).
gotta go with mac. the 402 has autoformers, and the sound is as smooth as silk(in that regard, tube-like. it will also drive any commercial loudspeaker using but a tiny fraction of its rated power. much like your speakers, exceptional.....but also (slightly on the warm side).
Do you really need an amp with 400w output to drive JM Lab Utopia Micro Be's?

They have an efficiency rating of 89dB (probably slightly overstated) and according to the Website - "Maximal power handling with musical program 100W". I understand that bass-reflex designs need a little welly, but 400w seems extreme.

Regards,
Mac 402 is the finest sounding amp I have owned and heard - period. I have owned, many amps costing more and none have the meat, weight, ease, body and transparancy of this fine amp. I just love it. Get it and be done with your amp needs for at least 10 years. Speakers may come and go - but keep this amp!

Bill