DK Design VS.1 Ref. mk II ,& a good matching CD.

Hello,
I have a new DK design MK II coming. I was wondering if anybody can recommend a good cd player that would work nice and look nice with the DK.
I am also not sure if this unit has enought power since i am used to running a pair of Carver TFM-35 amps in vertical bi-amp.

Thanks
Bob
sonicbob
Bob,

Prepare yourself for an onslought of mean and possibly nasty comments. That amp has been bashed here numerous times and the thread usually gets taken off within a week.

The reason that people give it heck is because of the way it has been marketed. It is everywhere and kind of considered a flavor of the month amp.

The good news is that in reality it is not a bad amp. I have listened to it and there is nothing wrong with it. Can you get a better integrated for 3K? Yes. But that can be said for about 95% of the integrateds out there that retail for 3K.

As for a good CDP you could look at one of the top Denon DVD players or one of the Sony ES players. Opera players are likely available from the same dealer that you got the DK from. They are good players too. Try to audition before you buy. A lot can be said for "synergy."

Wheather or not your DK has enough juice is dictated by your speakers, listening habits, and room size. Chances are that it does have enough gutts though.

Good luck!
Bignerd100,
I wouldn't expect an onslaught on this thread, since Bob's just asking about component matching. It's obviously not a schilling post (an adverisement disguised as a legitimate thread), which are the ones that get abused.

Bob,
Try one of the Consonance cd players. I know folks who gravitate towards the D&K also like the Consonance line.

John