Crown commercial amps for home use?

Hi: I was wondering if anyone is using a Crown amp full-range for home stereo and if so,how do they compete sound-wise with other "home-use" amps?. I am looking for at least 400 per-side@4ohms,power-miser and no fan! I was looking into the K-1, but not sure now!!! Thanks, Huck
huck55
I have a friend who was using a Crown D150 on some Vandersteens. I was really surprised at how good the combination sounded compared to his old Counterpoint.
I think littlemanjoe is getting a Crown for his theater, if ya dont care about looks its a great deal I hear.
hi huck,what a funny time for this thread,im waiting on my new mcintosh mc1201 monoblocks to arrive & my rig was down until they come so just this morning i went to the guitar center & bought 2 different pro amps to use as temps until my new reference amps come in next week.

i bought the crown ce1000 & the qsc 1450,of the 2 different amps the qsc is superior & even though it has a fan its super quiet, ive often wondered about using pro amps so this seemed like as good a time as any to try them out hell you cant loose if you dont like them simply return them & get your cash back,try that at a high end shop.

ive been listening all day & here is what ive come up with,im not too good at using audiophile ebonics so ill use english instead.

the bass is as good as any high end amp ive ever used including krell,fast,tight & full & i really like the bass response with these amps.

the mids seem a little reserved at this point but not to a point they are bad or harsh or even weak,just a little on the dry side.

the highs are there in great quanity & they are detailed too but they seem a little overly bright to me,if your using a preamp with tone controls this can be corrected very easily if not i think it would be extremly bright & harsh.

are these amps solid state at its worst as raquel says,no they are not in fact the qsc blows away anything ive ever used in a midfi amp like adcom & rotel,are they reference amps,no but they are as good as a lot of amps that are passed off as as high end & better than some too.

if your really thinking about trying these types of amps why not do it,its risk free,i tried it & in doing so i realized that most midfi gear ive tried was truly junk & over rated.

mike.
i posted a response but there musta been somthing in it that the moderators didnt want people to hear,who knows,i just tried a few pro amps one being a crown & the other being a qsc.

ill keep it short so this may get posted,you cant loose trying one of thease amps for your self,if you dont like it simply return it & get your money back.

one thing i will say is that the qsc is as good as alot of mid fi gear ive tried at 1 tenth the price.

mike.