Boulder monoblocks

I am very interested in the Boulder monoblocks which look very impressive and have very impressive specifications. However, there are only a few serious reviews published on these amps and for $55,000 there are many options. Essentially, for me the most important quality of an amplifier is its bass performance, I like bass that is ultra fast, tight, controlled, and with lots of slam. Another amplifier I am considering are the giant Mark Levinson No. 33 Reference monoblocks. I heard them at a local showroom and thoght that it sounded amazing. I am wondering how it compares to the Boulder monoblocks. Anyone who has had experience with the Boulder monoblocks I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
audioari1
There is a big difference in Citadel and Enterprise! The Gen VIII smokes. I have AERIAL 20T's.
The 850's debuted at RMAF. These blocks were - literally - brand new, not broken in. They were mated to the new Accuphase DP57 and were driving a new model of the mid-line JM Focals. Very, very good sound. I also listened to the 2060 which was driving JM Focals as well. Certainly, at $10k retail the 'entry-level' Boulders are worth a listen, which I intend to do as soon as I can borrow a pair for audition.
heard the Boulders with the Boulder phono stage and boulder preamp....Maggie 20.1's and Transparent Opus at Audio Consultants Evanston IL......listened to Muddy Water snad it was increduble...not in a I've seen the light way...but rather in I am siiting here drawn into the music...I forget I am trying to listen and evaluate a component....it felt as though time slowed down and it was the most realaxing audio experience ever.....when it was done it was like "Wow, how relaxing and how so right"....hard to describe but it was revelational in the fact that something could be that relaxing and drawn you in in such a subtle and quiet way yet be so revealing...
I strongly agree with some of the views here. For that kind of money any reputable dealer would allow you a home audition for a week or so. Any dealer that would not allow this even after taking your credit card information is trying to sell you something. Oh wait, they all are. But seriously, no way on this planet would I purchase without a week long home audition. The reputable dealers that I work with would allow this. Maybe even the manufacturer would supply a home sample for your use.

Don't take no for an answer.

enjoy