Boulder monoblocks

I am very interested in the Boulder monoblocks which look very impressive and have very impressive specifications. However, there are only a few serious reviews published on these amps and for $55,000 there are many options. Essentially, for me the most important quality of an amplifier is its bass performance, I like bass that is ultra fast, tight, controlled, and with lots of slam. Another amplifier I am considering are the giant Mark Levinson No. 33 Reference monoblocks. I heard them at a local showroom and thoght that it sounded amazing. I am wondering how it compares to the Boulder monoblocks. Anyone who has had experience with the Boulder monoblocks I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
audioari1
Rhohense, Boulder 850 will be around $10K USA retail. I saw the pictures of them and they look cheaper than 1000(or 2000) series gear-they have silver faceplate but, casework is black and they are half width of 1050. 810 preamp will be 850s natural partner for another $7.5K and both of them will be introduced to the market at CES 2006.
Worldcat, this is only your personal opinion... I would allways choose Boulder,Krell or Lamm over Theta amps.
I tried Theta Enterprise/GenVIII/Compli combo with Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario's and sound was...well, not very good. Finally I bought all ARC system(REF210/REF3/REF CD7) and IMO it is much better then Theta combo that I tried.
Many guys here on Agon who owns Wilson speakers(as you do) and Lamm amps said that if they ever go back to SS, it will be Boulder!
There is a big difference in Citadel and Enterprise! The Gen VIII smokes. I have AERIAL 20T's.
The 850's debuted at RMAF. These blocks were - literally - brand new, not broken in. They were mated to the new Accuphase DP57 and were driving a new model of the mid-line JM Focals. Very, very good sound. I also listened to the 2060 which was driving JM Focals as well. Certainly, at $10k retail the 'entry-level' Boulders are worth a listen, which I intend to do as soon as I can borrow a pair for audition.