Boulder monoblocks

I am very interested in the Boulder monoblocks which look very impressive and have very impressive specifications. However, there are only a few serious reviews published on these amps and for $55,000 there are many options. Essentially, for me the most important quality of an amplifier is its bass performance, I like bass that is ultra fast, tight, controlled, and with lots of slam. Another amplifier I am considering are the giant Mark Levinson No. 33 Reference monoblocks. I heard them at a local showroom and thoght that it sounded amazing. I am wondering how it compares to the Boulder monoblocks. Anyone who has had experience with the Boulder monoblocks I would appreciate your comments. Thanks.
audioari1
Audioaril, I'll just accept your position that it is just not possible to audtion all the great amps of the world. However, after narrowing down the field, you could arrange home audtions, you just pay the shipping back after your audtioning process. This is exactly what I did and was able to listen carefully and at home to seven very highly regarded amps, including Boulder, until I found what I was looking for. I'll give you two more entries of amps to put on your audtion list:1) Pass LabsX-600.5 monoblocks 2)Edge Sig-1 monoblocks. They are both great amps that offer many sonic virtues, but if your looking for balls/bass they both have it in spades. So, don't take my word for it, or anybody else's, use your own ear's and get busy arranging some home audtions.
HI THERE,
I HAVE NO DOUBT THAT YOU WILL HEAR THUNDEROUS BASS WITH SLAM APLENTY AND MIND BOGGLING LEVELS... WHAT I'M NOT SURE YOU WILL NECESSARILY HEAR IS LIFELIKE BASS WITH MUSICAL INTEGRITY...
THOUGH LOUD, LARGE AND WONDERFULLY TIGHT [YOUR RECQUSITES ] THE SOUND OVERALL IMHO IS STERILE AND ONE DEMENSONAL AND WILL ROB YOU OF LIFELIKE NUANCE SO VITAL FOR MICRO PASSAGES!
THE MUSICAL EQUAVALANT OF A HAMMER STROKE!
I REST MY CASE BY THE WORD "FATIGUING"
AZJAKE
Hi,
I'm the very happy owner of a Boulder 2060 stereo amp. i have it mated with the new ARC REF# preamp. They are driving Dynaudio temptations, which are surprisingly power-hungry. i find the combination to be very satisfying. Vocals, bass it's all seamlessly integrated and very natural sounding. The system isn't boomy at all. I do use a REL Studio 3 sub, but that is due to the limitations of the speakers , not the amps.
FWIW, I've gone through Rowland 9Ti's, Pass 600's and Krell 750 MCX' monos, before settling on the Boulder.

David
What about the new Boulder 850 mono blocks? I guess they had them on display at the Rocky Mountain Hi Fi show. I was trying to find out how much they were going to be, guessing around 15 grand for 200 w/channel monoblocks.