Looking for an incredibly dynamic preamplifier

I'm looking for a dynamic preamp that provides plenty of attack, great bottom end, and an iron-fisted grip on the system. The best I've heard so far (and by a long shot) is the Wyetech Labs Opal.
I would assume that other units with robust outboard power supplies are good candidates? Maybe a battery-powered unit like the new DartZeel pre would qualify?
Thanks.
exlibris
I am another FS owner (deluxe mkII) who is able to comfortably endorse them. They are dynamic,detailed, tonally "right",articulate, refined and nuetral(subject to tube rolling). I have compared to AR refI, and FS was in all ways better--sorry no Wytech Labs. Also do not be fooled by "modest" deluxe mkII--it is no slouch and does not necessitate a higher FS model. Build quality is supurb and mine has not failed at all in 4 years (bought used)

I am sure you will not be disapointed, although previous comments in regard to impact of amp and speakers on the qualities you value are most appropriate. I run mine with high power s/s amp and efficient speakers to get just what you speak of.
Stick with the Wyetech Opal. You will not find a preamp more dynamic or with greater bandwith -- and with the realism and naturalness of tubes no less. And the build quality and reliability is unmatched! It's one of high end audios least known secrets, principally because there are only 2 dealers in US and it is difficult to audition.

Neal
I would buy a used FS deluxe and then talk to E.Go and see what type of upgrades he would recommend. This would get you tremendous bang for the buck and you still get to flavour it with different tubes. A ss pre doesn't have that option of tubes, I found his FS pre to be extremely reliable and very well built.That may get you into a totally new league and give you a piece for life. I am a bit envious since I hope to go back to a FS one day!!Take care Dennis
never heard the Wyetech, but the Cary SLP-98 with oil caps and direct coupling has balls to spare. Big, vivid sound. of course, NOS 6SN7s are de rigeur.
I haven't heard one, but I would have thought that someone might have suggested the Aesthetix Callisto with dual power supply?