Joe Strummer RIP

Joe Strummer ex of The Clash has died at age 50.
Some press reports indicate a heart attack as cause of death.
ben_campbell
My high school hero is dead? Son of a bitch! There's a lot of bastards out there walking around and he's dead? There is no god.
When Tim Armstrong put Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros on HELLCAT Records he put out some of his most soulful work ever...for those of you unfamiliar with the Clash and the Mescaleros do yourself a huge service and pick up both X-RAY STYLE and GLOBAL A GO-GO.You will not be dissappointed."Welcome you strangers...to the humble neighborhoods".
We were able to meet Joe Strummer at a Tower performance/meet and greet session. We still talk about what a kind person he was. Joe went out-of-his-way to make sure everyone got an autograph, photo, handshake, or anything that made you happy. It was unbelievable.
We will always remember this great experience.
Oh yes, he made great music as well.
I haven't listened to the Clash in a while now. Turned on the radio yesterday morning while in the shower and, lo and behold, they were playing a Mescalaros tune. I just caught the end of it and would not have known who it was except for the DJ's comments about Joe, etc... Just hearing his name brought back a lot of old ( and good ) memories. Sorry to see him go, but i'd like to thank him for all the good times he helped me to have. Sean
>
More to discover