Regarding DK Design Vs.1 Reference Mk2 amp ???

Does anybody know the answer to this question ? If the DK Design Vs.1 Reference Mk2 is such a good amp why so many people are selling it ????
zodiak5
Larry, I echo Pauley_1958 in thanking you for your prompt responses, be them here or when we contact you via the DKs site.

Now, a universal cd/dvd player with those abilities , another juicey thing to look into ;-).

Ash.
....Peter Cincotti is singing the Godfather theme in the background.

Don Staples, er, ah, Larry ain't jokin' folks. We found a horses head in our bed the other night!! Me and the Mrs. and Diesel are getting into the witness protection program so this may be the last you'll hear from me! Anyone know the best way to get blood stains out of white sheets?

Marco
Dear Larry,

Let me start by saying that I wish you the best with the company, and trust that your experience in the industry can change the product into something worthy of respect.

As you are undoubtedly aware, the prices of used DK products are pathetic, and I suspect that the DK brand deserves better than the disrespect the market is showing it. The problem goes back to the stunningly ill advised DK “marketing” campaign which you already noted as being probably not in the best interest of the company. If you’ll indulge me, I have some suggestions for the future I hope will be useful -

1)Keep those previously associated with DK quiet – they provide no value, only more cynicism.
2)Dealers with multiple ads look desperate. Does anyone believe there’s value in 9 of the same ad?
3)Stop with the Class A, (and now A+ (!) allegations) already. It’s bullshit– just say so. Smoke, mirrors, hype and bullshit are what got DK where it is today.
4)Delete the over-the-top hyperbole on the DK site – The audience here is fairly sophisticated and we feel like our intelligence is insulted by moronic statements. “The best speaker in the history of human kind –Emotiontech engine, XDream technology, testing 90% of the components at up to twice the price” oh my.
5)Be careful what you say. You’ve already made statements you’ve quickly had to backtrack on. People appear to respect you – don’t use up your goodwill.

“will interest less than 2% of the respondants(sp) on the page, if they fit within the normal demographics” huh? what? There’s no way to rescue this. Just say you were tired or something.

“Everyone, including Wilson is using MDF, and why not, is that mdf is cheap(sp-again).” Oooops.

“these F7's take almost 3 months to carve out of aluminum, with weighted CNC machines” – correction “it took 3 months to make the CNC tapes” Oooops again.

6)Make the shills go away. Looks like you have a handle on this already as we haven’t seen them recently. The DK promotion campaign had to be the worst ever concocted.

I hope that you can take what appears to be a decent product and rescue it. I think you have an uphill battle trying to reclaim your market, but wish you the best of luck in your attempt.
Snofun3, The product has always been worthy of respect because of it's great sound and value. I agree that Larry's industry experience can correct some of the previous marketing mistakes, but I think the company will be judged on it's products and service. I was Larry's customer when he owned a store and nobody does customer service like he does! Great products and great service equals a great company, so I think good things are bound to happen.

The LSA Speakers, an HT piece, and a universal player should round out the lineup and make DK and LSA a serious player in the industry. Again, I absolutely expect these items to be great sounding and great values. I've had a chance to listen extensively to both the LSA1s and LSA2s. I would encourage anyone to include them on your short list if you are looking for speakers under $5000. The LSA1s are bookshelfs for $1000 and the 2s are $2000 floor standers. They are a perfect match with the DK integrated!

Before you ask, I fell in love with the DK integrated long before Larry even considered buying the company, and I own no stock in LSA Group. Frankly, the biggest concern I had about buying a DK was the crazy marketing of the product, but those concerns are gone now that the company has changed hands and Larry is at the helm.