Cables more hype than value?

What are the opinions out there?
tobb
If you have a mega dollar system, by all means better cables can make a difference although I never heard a huge difference myself, there is a difference. That said,
butting the high dollar cable money into the equipment will get you a bigger bang for the buck.

Putting a system together that sounds good takes time and effort in your price range. Any system done right will get good sound. Your room also plays a part in it.

No hype, no sarcasm, just facts..
This debate is hilarous! I have been in this bussiness for 25 years! even the wife of 2 years who knows nothing of cables watched a test to educate her with quality cables versus .50 i/c 1.00 afoot speaker cable and taking all the price points up from there to $24,000.00 8ft speaker cables and $16,000.00 I/C 1-meter, needless to say she learned alot,she is a beginner at that!outcome,a good brand of cables are the most important part of a system bar none!,,such as TaraLabs,purist audio,nordost,lessloss,kimber cables,k.s.elations,transparent cables,It really depends on your tast!,for instance, A person may like a ferrari and another a laborginni, they both are good,but one performs to what the buyer is looking for!
The more resolving the equipment the more of the nuances between cable you can hear. I have heard and do believe they make a difference. For good or for bad. All the hoopla of manufacutre toting "you will hear the inner soul of your music" and "soundstages will unfold before you're very eyes" and such is just hyperbole. The reality it's more akin to nuance differences unless there is a serious mismatch issue going on with your system - IMHO of course. Either your base equipment has what your seeking it or it doesnt, no amount of cable tweaks will make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Ultimately the $'s one spends has diminishing returns, so in the end the worth you put on cables is up to you.
Cables more hype than value?
What are the opinions out there?
Tobb (Threads | Answers | This Thread)
That can be said about every purchase ... cars, clothes ... Value is different for everyone and up to an individual consumer.
If you have a mega dollar system, by all means better cables can make a difference although I never heard a huge difference myself, there is a difference. That said,
butting the high dollar cable money into the equipment will get you a bigger bang for the buck.

Putting a system together that sounds good takes time and effort in your price range. Any system done right will get good sound. Your room also plays a part in it.

No hype, no sarcasm, just facts..