Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Sorry Petty, only so much of this twisted logic, revisionist history and paranoia I can take. I see most gave up on you a long time ago - now I am doing the same. I'm outta here.
Petty everything moves on. Change is universal. Nothing stands still. You are seeing the dawn of medias all converging.

The equipment is better than its ever been, and I'm sure it will continue to refine & redefine. Whether other formats survive or not only time will tell. But if they do not, I doubt it will because of any of our opinions. It's a global market.

The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few! You can still burn (record!) your own CDs if you wish. I suspect the devices of the future will be so compact & multifunctional that software (records) that need their own separate hardware to just to do one thing (I.e TT/CD players/Reel to Reel/DATs etc) will be forgotten.

It will just mean that the software will be played on all devices with no need for all these hard formats. Don't worry it will be much better.
I agree Gsself - and interestingly the one who started it ultimately hijacked it! Could be an Audiogon first!
Get over yourself- Gsself! Simple differences of opinion are not "Train Wrecks", more akin to a "Democracy"?
Revisionist History? I can't think of a single Monopoly
where the Economy thrived- going back thru the entire
Economic History of the U.S.! Perhaps I am wrong, can you give me an example? I believe that they have a tendency to
cause Recessions, and Depressions. The Audio Market is, after all a Market. I don't believe that it is immune to these. Change can either be good, offering more choices for
the Consumer empowering him. Change can also be bad, eliminating options that limit the Consumer depowering him.
I am simply trying to acknowledge the economic risk here
for the Consumer, in limiting his options to just only one
Audio Format- Computer Audio Downloading. The risk here is
in making Audio so irrelevant (Compared to other popular Computer Functions) that even Computer Audio goes by the
wayside. As you said, "Change is universal, nothing stands still"! Nothing makes Audio more irrelevant than lower than
CD Resolution MP3. Keep on lowering the resolution to the point of irrelevancy/ oblivion. Why waste the Processing
Power keeping it around? If your idea of change is to make
Audio irrelevant to its inevitable end, I disagree with you that this is a "Good Idea" for change sake only. Needs
of the many, the many need Music- not Audio made irrelevant
no matter how much Profit can be made off of this. Your
type of change puts the needs of the Computer over the needs of Audio, especially Computer Audio. How does this
help us who are in the Consumer business of Audio? We pay
more, we get less resolution/sound quality. "WOW- I'll buy
THAT for a dollar"!