does import cds sound better

when shopping for cds I see a huge increase in price on import labels..never purchased or heard one..though I hear and like improvement in sacd and hdcd formats...are they wort the price?
slick2
Strange question. If you read the small print on the CDs that you now own, you will see that many of them are produced in foreign countries.
Post removed 
Don't know if import Redbook from the EU sounds better, but often there are some extra tracks added. In the case of Rock/Pop CDs they are still going to suffer from high compression (the Loudness Wars). The EU or British Rock releases I've purchased were over-compressed just like US releases, but some artists like Trent Rezner are producing lower compressed, more dynamic recordings.

CDs pressed in Japan are much higher quality than the US. Plus, the Japanese offer SHM-CD (Super High Material CD), which I'm told is vastly superior to SACD, but at 3X the price.
Classical Redbook from the EU always sounds better due to the high standards of those record labels.
some of them do. i like german and uk ones over us. depending on their collectability value they may or maynot worth the money spent as per perhaps domestic cds.
i didn't like quality of bmg or columbia house domestic cds at all. they were far inferior to original and import releases.