Still mystified by mega expensive power cords

AC travels miles from the substation, enters my house, goes into a panel, then runs to my hifi equipment. Once inside the equipment it goes through whatever wiring the manufacturer used. I don't understand how the few feet from the outlet to the back of the gear can make some of the dramatic changes claim (low end goes down another octave, deeper wider soundstage, etc). My thought is that as long as the power cord is shielded so that it's not working like an antenna, properly grounded, and of sufficient guage so that you're not loosing juice to heat, and has contacts that make a solid connection, any power cable should sound like the next, especially since the AC coming in is rectified and smoothed.

I'm not looking for flames, but for those that believe in power cables, enlighten me. Or said another way, can that $11,000 plus power cable I saw today possiblet do more than fatten the manufacturer's wallet?
128x128zavato
I don't believe in "believing" or "not believing" in power cords : ) I listen and then decide whether something is significantly better or not. For me, in my system, the Elrod Statement Gold cords are a revelation.
My impression is this part of audio still lives in the midieval world of blind acceptance where the users don't seem willing to stand up and demand progress to at least the age of enlightenment where you have to at least show empirical principles of predictability for results in order to gain trust.
I don't question the sonic importance of powercables, but it's the blind (and snobbish) adherence to a higher, and not least astronomic price tag as a slavish indicator of equivalence into better sound quality (in any given setup), compared to much cheaper alternatives, that pisses me off. $11,000 for a power cable is simple ludicrous, if you ask me, but if that's what it takes for some to make this investment worthwhile vs. what the same or less amount of money could do with other component investments, then by all means - make your own day.
I want to apologize for a typo that, once made, carried through my post found above. The Oyaide GPX-R power cord is manufactured using P-004 connectors. I had mistakenly identified them as P-001, thankfully a model number Oyaide does not use. All else remains the same. Sorry.