Logitech Squeezebox sound compared to CD Player

I am thinking of getting a Logitech Sqeezebox Touch and was wondering how good it would sound compared to my CD Player which is a Denon DVD-2930ci universal player & a Jolida JD-100A? I have itunes on an external HD (CD's have been imported to via WAV)and also use Media Monkey for my FLAC imported CD's and HD Tracks Hi-Res downloads. Also, are the cables I use to connect to my preamp as crucial to sound as they would be to my CD players? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks to everyone.
128x128tune_man
THe DAC in the newer TOuch is supposedly better than prior models and some have praised it, especially for the price.

I use external DACs only. TOuch + good external DAC to personal taste is hard to fault IMHO.
I'll second Mapman's comment. The SB3/Classic and Duet models were fairly good mid-fi in terms of sound quality. They improved substantially with the use of an external DAC.

The Touch is significantly better by itself. I know some still prefer an external DAC, but as noted, I ran a side-by-side, synced and level-matched comparison between the Touch and a Lavry DAC for several weeks. I routinely found myself unable to tell which was playing unless I checked the position of the input selector on the amp.

Now, that may be due to my pedestrian system, aging ears or utter lack of audiophile sophistication, but I'm enjoying my music.

With a relatively low up-front cost and the money-back guarantee, it strikes me as a pretty easy decision to find out for one's self.
The SBT hits way above its weight class when used with a high end outboard DAC. For something that costs less than the tax on some people's interconnects, its well worth trying it out. I'm using it with a nice quality DAC and I'm continually impressed by it.
I think a good external dac would make a huge difference. Neither system I heard fit that bill.
I own both the Denon universal player that you own and the SBT.
The Denon is better and of course you cannot play sacd or DVD-a on the SBT. The SBT is still a great value but it does sound just slightly veiled when used with the same Dac that I use with the 2930 for reb book cd.