Real Stinkers

There was a recent thread about consecutive great albums by your favorite artists. How about turning it on it's head? What is the WORST album by your FAVORITE artist. The one where they REALLY stunk up the joint? The one that it pained you to listen to? The one where everybody went "What were they thinking?"

I'll start off, at the risk of picking a fight - Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboys by Elton John. Except for "Someone Saved My Life Tonight", I never really cared for the rest of the album.
kinsekd
Remember liking Get Up With It a lot, and just ordered it...thought it was one of the darker electric period records but haven't heard it for about 30 years.
Saying you don't get it or don't like a record is one thing. Entering it in a "Real Stinker" thread is a whole 'nother deal. We've probably all noticed that poorly informed opinions can generate a pretty foul stench... anyway I guess everyone lets one out occasionally.
Jeff1225, "The best improv funk ever recorded"; Miles was supposed to be Jazz. When I heard that LP, it was the same as buying a bottle of whiskey, and tasting wine. Of course I spat it out. I took that LP back to the record store and demanded a refund, or give me the LP and send the bill to Miles. They gave me the refund.
Ahab is Ahab and Miles is Miles. He was about New Directions and he was always Miles Ahead. Obviously, you just couldn't follow.

"Columbia marketed it for them old-time jazz people who couldn't get into what I was doing now in the first place. It was just a waste of time playing it for them; they wanted to hear my old music that I wasn't playing anymore. So they didn't like "On The Corner".

Miles was one funny "Dude". He spent 30 years of his life, and a lot of other people's lives developing his craft in jazz, and one day in 72 he decided to get into "rock funk" or whatever genre you wish to give it, and got an attitude when we didn't like it.

Why didn't he tell us, "Papa done got a brand new bag".
Orpheus,
On the Corner was made years after Bitches Brew and In a Silent Way, so Miles had alreay moved off Jazz.

About "Miles was supposed to be Jazz," you are wrong on two fronts: 1). Miles had already produced several classical albums. 2). Artists are supposed to grow.

Miles grew more than any other jazz artist, and jazz has been in decline ever since the mainstream press dismissed him.