Beginner Turntable

Hi,
I just become interested in turntable and totally confused about what I need to buy.

1.what is the price range for a beginner level turntable?

2.Do I need to buy a cartridge or it was included in turntable?

3.New or Used

4.Right now, I'm using the Denon RCD-M39s mini system. Could I combine this with the turntable? And what else do I need to buy ?

5.Any suggestion about brand and model ? It seems like japanese brand like denon and pioneer have some good chose.
meag
Thank you guys very much!
Currently, I have a budget of 500.

I have done some research about the TT, I'm thinking Technics AT-AP120, which is a reasonable price for a tt with phono preamp build in.
I'm also thinking about Pro-ject DEBUT CARBON or iii with a phono preamp, since I have a 500 budget :).

But I'm not sure whether the Pro-ject combination could fit with my mini system. Also, dont have a good tt and phono preamp setup yet.

Any way, I want to make the best value of 500, with 50 up and down(550 means I will have to give up meat and alcohol for next month).

Thank you again!
IME the Pro-Ject Debut Carbon stands head'n'shoulders above the competition at $399. It's simply stupendous at that price. It comes with the best cartridge of the entry-level turntables as well. Pro-Ject also offers their Phono Box MM preamp for $99, bringing the total to $498, $2 under budget. You'd be hard-pressed to equal this combo at that price, let alone do better.

I have about $1100 in my turntable rig, and I'd say the Pro-ject Carbon tonearm easily bests mine.
I bought a Thorens TD 145 for $200.00. With a Herbies record mat and Grado cartridge, it sounds pretty good. I would think hard about whether I wanted a good modern table like a Rega or a good vintage table that could be modified like a Thorens.
Use your money wisely,as for beginner plug & play is very smart move!
Pro-ject debut carbon is my choice and add ART djpre phono or TCC tc750 both about $60 with gain control as xtra feature is good for money.
And the rest $ left to get as much record you can.
Have fun listening .
Go with either the AT-AP120 or MH USB-1 with a better cart like the AT95E, save the money to buy lots of LPs, and enjoy!

That way you can also enjoy meat and alcohol, not only for the next month, but for years to come!

Your well reviewed Denon mini player is a 5 star What Hi-Fi winner so you're better off keeping it.

I believe that you will like the small footprint of the USB-1 plus the color will match perfectly with your mini system.

Don't overspend and start spinning!

Happy listening!