Has anyone heard the new Rega RP10?

How does it sound compared to the RP8? How does it compare to other TT in it's price range?
bobheinatz
Kiko65, I have mine on the way. I agree I don't plan to do anything else with the exception of experiment with platforms or bases to place under the table. I am very happy with the sound I have now but know from previous experience that counterweight will bring further performance improvements.

Thanks again for you help.
Sandbox Theo.
If you value pacing, quietness, and effortless tracking in your new table, you will be astounded by how much more quieter black background, taut, tuneful bass and overall eerie qualities you will be able to get with the addition of a sandbox!
Happy listening!
Kiko65, how deep should the sand be? I have heard that this sis a great isolation base as well as lead shot. But is 1-2 inches enough?
Theo,
1 1/2 inches deep should be good enough although mine is 4 inches deep with 3 inches of sand. I reviewed the following websites before I constructed mine:

www.cognitivevent.com/sandbox.html

audiokarma.org (cheap, easy yet effective DIY sandbox turntable stand)

vinylengine.com (Sandbox-anybody built one?)

Total cost for mine was $22.00 with some change. It came out rough (I'm no expert in carpentry) but extremely effective. Very heavy at around 50 pounds. I could send you a picture if you don't mind sharing your email address with me.

Hope this information is helpful.
Thanks I do some woodworking and already have a vision of the design. Basically a open top box with a platform sitting on the sand but not touching the sides of the box, right? Your top link is very similar to what I was thinking but I think I would try different isolation between the box and the cabinet if setting directly proved to not yeild much help.

Thank you
Theo