Clearaudio MM specs rolled back?

For those interested in Clearaudio MMs, they've changed the specs once again. When V2 was first released they said stronger magnets gave higher output and Maestro went from 3.6 to 4.1mV. Now they all say 3.6mV, except the two least expensive which are 3.3mV. This difference could be within tolerance because tolerance is anything they want it to be and it's around 10% anyway.

Inductance is now listed as 400mH, down from 420, except the Concept (least expensive) and Maestro which remain at 420. This difference is about 5%- within tolerance?

All the Clearaudio MMs share the same generator. Audio Technica is the OEM. If you're skeptical just pull out the stylus and look at the AT V magnet configuration. It's unmistakable. I always assumed the generator was different from the AT-95, and probably had the OCC wire which the 95 lacks. Now I'm not so sure. All the specs (with the exception of impedance)are identical to the 95. Impedance is complex and takes reactance into account. Clearaudio has changed the specs so many times over the last 4 years or so, I think they put down whatever they want.

I'll measure the DCR of my old Virtuoso and AT-95. If I remember correctly they are slightly different. But that won't prove anything. Specifications are subject to change without notice. Are the stronger magnets of V2 Maestro an illusion, or now abandoned? If one makes a wood top or body for a 95, would it sound identical to a CA? My V1 Virtuoso sounds slightly more refined than my potted 95. Could this be the wood top acting as a damper?
http://clearaudio.de/en/products/cartridges-mm-v2.php
Regards,
fleib
Marco1,
I don't know either, that's the point. I have a Virtuoso V1 (among others) and I've used numerous AT styli. It's a pretty nice cart.
Many people raved about the V2 Maestro with increased output. Most sellers say it's 4.2mV ?

There are numerous HO carts you can get for $1200 including Maestro, Decca, Soundsmith, Grado, Ortofon, Sumiko, AT and I'm sure three's more. If you can use a LO, there's many more. There are also vintage carts, but sometimes finding a stylus is a problem.

I don't know the mass of your arm or your system/taste. Maybe someone will chime in with recommendations, I'm a little reluctant.
Regards,
Petermax,
The 150 has a different generator with a little less inductance. It's a matter of opinion if it's better or not. The CA generator seems a little smoother and flatter. The cantilevers and tip might be the same. The CA has lower compliance - 15cu opposed to 18cu. It seems to be the wood top or body that makes a big difference.
Regards,
Kiddman,
No doubt. I was reading something by John Curl where he said that he couldn't find 2 MCs of the same model that sound alike. Have you tested mass produced ones?

We're able to verify inductance and resistance repeatedly.
Regards,
What are you using to verify inductance and resistance repeatedly?

I've measured, using state of the art equipoment (with AC test signal, the only way to do it right) 30% differences in impedance with some brands. Yes, "mass produced" ones, if you can call the bigger premium MC makers "mass produced".

A few manufacturers are quite consistent, and very consistent in sound. And with many manufacturers, I've never heard 2 sound close to identical, tested one right after the other. Fleib, how are you measuring compliance?
Compliance? I don't measure compliance.
These aren't MCs, we're comparing specs on Audio Technica MMs. DCR and inductance measured with a meter closely agree with mfg specs. Even though inductance isn't measured at 1KHz, results are very close.

That's about the extent of measuring capability. Impedance figures are somewhat of a mystery and don't seem to jibe on carts of nearly identical design/construction.

Any light you could shed on this subject would be appreciated. I'm sure most of the readers would also be interested if you could elaborate on what you've already said about MC specs/brands.
Regards,