Bent Stylus- Clearaudio Virtuoso

I was about to put on a record and noticed my stylus was bent to the left (3 and 2 yr old). I bent it back a little with a tweezer. It's not completely centered, but it sounds fine. What should I do? I'm sure despite it sounding fine something is not right.
128x128patrickrealtor76
Thanks for both responses- I'm going to call Soundsmith today. I did spend a little more time and got the stylus completely straight and I don't notice any difference in the sound, but I don't want to chance anything. Spending $150 on an $800 cartridge is a fair insurance policy.

The Soundsmith Level 1 upgrade ($150), will not be one of those "I think I hear a difference" type of changes. You will kick yourself for not doing this sooner. You have not heard what a really amazing cartridge this Virtuoso is until you get that original 'fat' elliptical stylus replaced.
There is nothing wrong with your cartridge, there was nothing wrong before you messed with it. Once the stylus sits in the groove it centers and you'll all set. How can this damage your records? If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Patrickrealtor76,

I've had both the Level 1 and the Level 3 installed in various cartridges. Both made huge differences. I would expect the Level 2 to do the same, but (isn't there always a but), anything other than the level 1 will be changing your Virtuoso into something other than a Virtuoso.
If you have a steady hand, you can buy any of the AT 95e replacement stylus's from LPgear (Shabata $130, or Vital Line $90), do a little trimming of the plastic housing and have something a lot better than your original. It you want to go cheaper, yet still better than your original .4 X.7 mil stylus, go to eBay and buy one of those Audio Technica AT 92ECD cartridges being sold by Newegg. Their $30 for the whole cartridge. Diamond tip is .3 X.7 mil but tracks at only 1.25 grams. Much better than your 2 gram Virtuoso. Same trimming of the housing will be needed but then, it's your money! Don't misunderstand. The Sound Smith upgrades are great but for a Virtuoso or even the Maestro, their are many other options available if you only are willing to put forth a little effort!
BTW: Everything that I have stated above, I have done. At the moment, I have a AT 150MLx stylus in my Maestro. This was not accomplished by the trimming method but by doing an actual transplant of the stylus. I am not allowed to mention other audio web sites on this forum but there is a site that takes you through the entire process with pictures. Contact me for that sites location or do a search. You will find it.

Regards,Don