Clearaudio Innovation Wood vs. TW Acoustic

I was wondering if anyone has been fortunate enough to be able to compare these two rigs and would care to share their experiences with them .good, bad, or ugly.

Interested in sonic differences, speed stability, reliability issues, sensitivity to footfalls, etc.

Thanks much for any contributions you might be able and willing to make!
No Regrets
no_regrets
Thanks Wrm57 for sharing your thoughts on the Brinkman with me. I do kind of cringe at the thought of paying that much for a vinyl rig, but at the same time, when I listen to really good vinyl…it sends goosebumps up and down my body. I have such an emotional connection to the music when listening to vinyl that it just seems to happen naturally. There are times when my digital can do it as well, although not nearly as often. It is in this vein that I try to justify the expense….but if I could find a pristine example in the preowned market, I could be persuaded to take advantage of that.

I wish that there could be an easy way to audition analog rigs in a meaningful way so that a person could better know how it actually is contributing to the whole sonic picture.

In any case, I truly appreciate both you and Suteetat sharing your thoughts and experiences with me on this subject.

Warmest regards,
Sure thing, No-regrets, happy to help. I sure know what you mean about the emotional magic of vinyl. Nice Balances at good prices do come up occasionally for sale here. I almost grabbed one a year ago for around $10k, complete with dedicated HRS vibration base. But you'll have to be patient to go that route--not so easy to do!

Good luck and best wishes.
Hi Wrm57,

Wow, 10K for that sounds like a steal to me….I would have had a hard time passing that up. I will try to be patient and bide my time for a few months, but I think once the Chicago Axpona comes this spring I will be chopping at the bit!

I wonder how the HRS base compares to that of the MinusK?

Take care,
No Regrets