Thales Simplicity tonearm review in Stereophile.

Michael Fremer's review of the Thales Simplicity tonearm in this January's Stereophile is pretty brutal. Are there any owners of this tonearm that would take except to his conclusions?
sarcher30
I red the MF review and I don't agree with this bright sound he wrote. Imho his tonearm was not working properly
01-04-14: Catastrofe: "Micha Huber has posted a response to the Stereophile review on his website: tonarm.ch"
For full statement, click here.
Excerpt from January 2014 statement by Micha Huber:

"Unfortunately, it seems as the arm used for the review did not fit into these tolerances. This was definitely the case for the arm used at the RMAF. The reason for this turned out to be a combination of wrong treatment (modifying sealed screws for the adjustment of the head-bearing) by our very new distributor and the following troubles caused therefore."
_______
In the particular case of this tonearm for example I couldn't fix my Lyra screws to the headshell, it only accepts the supplied.
I haven't read the review, nor have I heard the Thales arm. But, I do note that Mr. Fremer has certain views about design that essentially preclude even reviewing certain products. For example, because he thinks that suspended tables, at least in theory, swing under the varying tension from the belt drive, he will not review Basis turntables.

As to the issue of difference in horizontal and vertical masses, there is always a huge difference with designs like tangential tracking arms (much higher horizontal mass). Some arm manufacturers of conventional arms actually deliberately design arms with much higher horizontal mass for the reasons given by Lewm, above. The Moerch Anisotropic arm is another example.

I applaud reviewers, like Mr. Fremer, who will actually stick their neck out and do a critical review, and I think it is fair to speculate on a mechanical/theoretical reason why a particular design did not, in the reviewer's opinion, deliver the goods. But, my own experience is that there are all kinds of radically different designs and each can deliver both good and bad results so I would never, ab initio, dismiss something because of a particular design.
I agree with him in suspended turntables, I took some meditions from an Avid Volvere and they was horrible

Regards