Thales Simplicity tonearm review in Stereophile.

Michael Fremer's review of the Thales Simplicity tonearm in this January's Stereophile is pretty brutal. Are there any owners of this tonearm that would take except to his conclusions?
sarcher30

Review of the Thales Simplicity in Stereophile's January 2014 issue.

Page 29

Page 30

Page 31

Page 32

Page 35

The TTT-C turntable got a positive review but less so for the tonearm. After reading, I really wonder if the reviewer received an arm with faulty bearings...

_______
Faulty bearings? Most likely. I have a Thales Simplitynand it had faulty bearings in the head shell that caused it to sometimes play the same groove over and over. Since it got repaired under warranty, it has been working flawlessly. How this could have passed QC I don't know?
I finally read Fremer's review. Why does that guy always harp on the notion that the vertical and horizontal effective masses of a tonearm should be equal? Why should they be equal? There is some advantage in having a higher effective mass in the horizontal plane, in terms of the reproduction of low bass frequencies, most of which information is encoded in the horizontal plane. I believe it's correct to say that Frank Schroeder pointed this out on another thread here. If Fremer has reason to adhere to this belief, I wish he would explain the rationale.
Micha Huber has posted a response to the Stereophile review on his website: tonarm.ch
I red the MF review and I don't agree with this bright sound he wrote. Imho his tonearm was not working properly