Event Opal professional active monitors

After having read great reviews I'm considering them as first equipment in a second house, connecting them to my music server and DAC (Lavry DA 11). According to users they are extremely transparent but still musical and not tyring. Great bass, mids and highs. Sounds too good to be true.

Anyone who has had them or auditioned them at lenght and can comment on them?

Also looks like manufacturer changed the tweeters after sourcing issues. Has anyone been able to compare both versions?

Thanks

(I'm re-starting this thread as I messed up in my first one, over writting the Question with my username. My apologies)
jbuenech
I auditioned them at professional studio. It's a very smart choice -- you definitely won't need an amp.

They sound precise and image very well. They also have built-in room EQ. They haven't been marketted into audiophile crowd and the price they're sold for IS a steal.
They deserve the best rating indeed.
I owned a pair and liked them pretty well. They are well priced for what they offer in a smallish package; but they have somewhat different strengths than good audiophile speakers which may or may not match your needs and tastes.
I wrote a review of sorts here:
http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=125416.0
Bottom line- not quite as refined and open in the mids and highs as the best audiophile speakers (which are more expensive, too considering amps, cables, etc.), ergonomically and visually challenging (pro audio connection options, power switches on back), but very powerful and lively, with very good bass and useful EQ in a small package. Hard to beat for the $, if you can live with their studio heritage features.
Thanks guys. Your replies are really helpful.

If I have understood well, main drawback for them could be their not fully refined presentation compared to top domestic speaker. Although I do not find them pretty, I do not really care about their raw looking.

One last question. Does their metal dome tweters have a big influence in the way they sound? Does it mean metallic, harsh high mids and treble? Or do you need to A/B them against a top notch soft dome to appreciate the difference. Does it intrude in the listening or do you need to really concentrate on it to realise their metal nature?

While I am looking for a very transparent system, a clinical sound is not what I am after.

Finally, I will use them at low volume. Can you comment on how they perform this way?