Sloped baffle

Some great speakers have it, some don't. Is it an important feature?
psag
You may feel insulted....but that does not mean I'm intending to insult you.

I can reprint papers on mixture flow in internal combuston engines, but that does not mean the heads I flow are perfect. It only means I can write theory. Self-published graphs and dyno runs done by me don't prove that they were the runs for that motor, and that the science I can read, then write papers about, ensured that my engine is the best.

I would love for your speakers to be the best, that would represent an improvement. Which upcoming show will you be playing them at? Which top electronics manufacturers are using them? Surely they must be making a splash in the industry if they are that great. I simply can't wait to hear them. Tell me where.

Kiddman
Bombaywalla, you've never designed anything, have you, or you would know what I said is true. A very poor speaker can be made that is still time coherent, and if you can't get that far in your brain you have little experience and education.
I have no doubt Roy is sincere and his efforts are genuine. I don't have enough information to intelligently debate his views either way. Beep is an interesting phenomena in itself.
I don't doubt his sincerity and efforts either. Some great products are made by such sincere guys making large efforts. And many more lousy ones are.

I'm going to seek them out for a listen.
Wasn't Jon Dalqhuist's DQ-10 an early attempt at time coherence? And, ditto, Wilson's Franken-speaker, the Whamm?
It's been so long since I heard either speaker I couldn't say how either stands up today. My concern, in theory, would be that multiple drivers, with a bunch of different crossovers, adds more complications to the affair. But, I guess, as they say, in practice, theory and practice aren't the same.