Is it possible to have Good Imaging close to wall

I keep looking for the best speakers to stand flush against the front wall and end up looking at the usual suspects: North Creek Kitty Kat Revelators, Allisons (now old), Von Schweikert VR-35, NHT Classic 4s, Audio Note AN/K, and other sealed or front ported speakers. But I have never understood how, even though the bass is controlled, they can defy the law of physics and image as well as, say, my great actually owned other speakers, Joseph Audio Pulsars, far out in the room? Is it physically possible for these flush mounted speakers to image as well?
springbok10
Perfect sound does not exist yet. Many demos at shows are not that good. Even those who made it are often not able to give a good or stunning demo.

At the end of every show the most demos were not that good. Those people come back next year. You keep a big % average or even poor level of audio equipment.

You have a lot more average imaging speakers than exeptional good imaging speakers. People still buy these average speakers.

Many customers are not good adviced in audio in general. Most will not have a stunning sound. It is that simple. At the end this is the truth!

People with less
When I was called the absolute sound of last year. One of the main reason was that I did use Audyssey Pro ( my way) Without it I would never had such a balanced and physical 3 dimensional stage.

The rooms are not that good at shows. The system solved a lot of the limitations overthere. It gives you an advantage.

I also demoed the roomcorrection on and off. The faces of people said everything. People were amazed by the difference. I also demoed Audyssey EQ and Volume on and off. This is the best way of letting people hear what it is and what it does. Hearing is believing.
In my experience speakers with a faster response have less acoustic limitations compared to those who are slower.

I owned both the B&W 802N and later the B&W 800 Signature. The last one is bigger and goes deeper. But I had less acoustic problems with the 800S. It was with the same amp, source, conditioner and cables.
Bo, the reality is that people are misinformed and ill advised everywhere not just
in audio.

People with less

Sounds like a great motto for all audiophiles. We all are missing something, e.g.
a deeper sound-stage, or a wider sound-stage, or deep bass, or money to buy
more equipment, most likely also some parts of the brain, etc. The list is pretty
pretty long.

You give me a good laugh Bo.
Reviewers love to praise a soundstage that extends well beyond the confines of the speakers. We all know that this expansion of the soundstage is lost when the speakers are too close to the side walls. The reasons are debatable, but in my view its an unfortunate consequence of having a small listening room.