Zu Essence upgrade kit - worthwhile?

I'm looking for a little feedback on the upgrade kit offered by Zu for their Essence speakers. Has anyone performed the $750 upgrade?
What differences did you notice in the sound? At the end of the day was it worth doing?

I'm trying to get an idea whether the upgrade is worth the money.

Thanks.
greatdane1
Yes.... It's worth it. I had mine installed by Sean when he was in town about a year ago. We are very satisfied with the results, as the Zu sound that so many said was lost, is now back, and very enjoyable.

I really liked the Essence as they were, they were missing some of what my previous Druids had in the upper registers, but the bass was better. They were very enjoyable, but now I feel that they are a great speaker. I believe that if they would have launched them like this, instead of the "dialed back" drivers (to mate up to the ribbons), they would have been a bigger hit.

The nano-tech drivers are something....
Ton thanks for sharing. I'm currently using a Triode Labs 2A3 Signature with them. I've had results similar to what has been reported on other threads. Though I have been happier with the 2A3 pairing, then the 300b, and EL84 I've rotated through.

Nice that you live close enough to have had Sean deal with the upgrade.
Not that close.... I'm in PA. He was on an east coast delivery/house party and was able to swing by. The upgrade is very easy to do, and if you know how to use a screwdriver, and possibly a pair of pliers, you are in good shape......

I'm currently running a Cayin A50T with Genelex KT-77, and couldn't be happier.....well maybe I could, but would have to spend quite a bit more $$$
I upgraded my Soul Superfly's to the nano driver. Defiantly worth doing and remember you get 200 dollars back when you send back the old driver's.

Also agree that the upgrade is easy to do. They even have a video demonstration available on the Zu website now. If you can handle a screwdriver and follow simple instructions there shouldn't be any issues.
Thanks for the feedback guys. I've gotten myself added to the waiting list with availability in December.

I'm interested to see the difference it makes in my system.