Room size & choosing speakers

I am new to all of this and trying to find best size speakers for a small room. I recently listened to B & W 802D's (with a McIntosh MC452 & C-50) at a local audio store & loved the sound. It is a great deal of money for me, but worth it if I can create that magic at home.

My fear is that I will be listening in a 10' x 12' room and that the speakers will overwhelm the room. I also think of the B & W 803D's (smaller, less money, not quite as full sounding), and still have the same fear.

Right now I am trying to decide between the 803D's & the 805D's with a good subwoofer (possibly Rel 328 or JL audio F112). Any thoughts or help greatly appreciated.
mksr
Appropriate room tuning will allow you to use the premium larger speakers and have the greatest sound available.
The bigger more expensive speakers offer the best sound quality. It ca be surprisingly easy to tailor your room.
Price does not say anything. There are a lot more expensive speakers which are average or even poor than exeptional good. Quality of the cabinets, speaker units response and material use and the quality of filters and crossovers. There are enough speakers from 20.000 dollar and above which are not that good. At shows these people get very hard questions Always. I hate all the average and poor audio products.
Mksr, A consideration that I didn’t see addressed is speaker placement relative to room boundaries. If your office will see a lot of traffic, speakers that are optimized for placement well out into the room might be an issue. If your room configuration allows, I would steer away from rear ported speakers and seek speakers that like corner or at least near the wall placement.
I have the 805D's paired with the REL R528 in a room that is 11'X15'. I have tried quite a few larger models over the past five years and I wholeheartedly agree with monitors being the best for your room size. Any floorstander is going to over power that room. The 805Ds will drive an average sized room very well, provided it is driven with quality amplification. Even if you move and increase your room size, it should still work quite well. Good luck and enjoy the research!
Without roomacoustic systems in a small room monitor speakers with a subwoofer will be a much better option. From 2007 till 2009 I sold a lot monitor speakers with subwoofers. I Always took a pair of monitors and a subwoofer with me. Even when people wanted to buy floorstanders. Hearing is believing. Often they were surprised that the monitors and sub gave better results. These days I can easily adapt every floorstander even in a small room with Audyssey. ( or Audyssey Pro) This is a new way of freedom. Technique does change the way we think about acoustics!!