How long do B&W 800 series speakers last

Hi,

I am curious to know the average life of these high end speakers particularly B&W800 series. Does the surround/ cone material give up with time due to material fatigue, dust and air corrosion etc
Does the SQ degrade.

I assume they last for like 20-30 yrs given the resale prices. I see prices dip to only 50% in 15yrs. Even less for N805's

I am sure 6-7 yrs use is very normal But what about 10-14 yr old nautilus ?
Or how about an matrix 805 treated like a baby for 20 yrs.
amitchandna06
Ct0517,

Nice try. Those speakers were blown out long before that album even came out.
"I wonder why ....."

What does the type of music have to do with blown speakers? I listen to heavy metal and techno as part of my choices and I have NEVER blown a speaker. And, I do not listen to chamber music with 75db peaks either.

I think that response was uncalled for.
seriously to the original poster, ask if the speakers were near a heat source. I had the rubber surround come unglued from a Vandersteen 2ci woofer because the speaker was near the radiator in my living room. This is what Vandersteen told me when I received the replacement driver.
"I wonder why ....."

What does the type of music have to do with blown speakers? I listen to heavy metal and techno as part of my choices and I have NEVER blown a speaker. And, I do not listen to chamber music with 75db peaks either.

I think that response was uncalled for.

Stereo5 - you are absolutely correct. it was uncalled for.
I apologize to zd , yourself and any others...

the good thing is when blown drivers happen owners can go here.

http://bwgroupsupport.com/parts