Speaker cables for B&W??

Hi all,

Looking for recommendations for a pair of bi-wire speaker cables that are known to have good synergy with B&W. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I have the new CM10's. Budget-$300-500 give or take.

Thanks in advance!
telescope_trade
I am also wondering this. I'm running 802N off a McIntosh 6700 and id like t match up some good cables in the same budget range.
Thanks for all the reply's aboue. I may try to get a pair of the MIT Matrix 12 biwire cables. Any experience with those anyone? If I am correct,they are the new version of the AVT 1's mentioned above.
"08-18-13: Telescope_trade
Thanks for all the reply's aboue. I may try to get a pair of the MIT Matrix 12 biwire cables. Any experience with those anyone? If I am correct,they are the new version of the AVT 1's mentioned above."

There's nothing wrong with getting comments on forums like this to point you in the right direction, but only you can make the choice. There's too many factors involved. The same exact cable will give different results in different situations. And that's not taking your personal taste into consideration.

I'll go so far as to say that copper AQ is a pretty safe bet. Its hard to find an application where they won't sound good (except the Type 4 series I mentioned in my first post.). But that's no guarantee you'll get good results.

Another way for you to go is to call Cable Company. They will send you a box full of cables to try first, before you buy. It may seem like a pain at first, but its not. Its well worth the trouble. I've been using them for a long time and wouldn't even consider doing cables any other way.
Hi ZD,

Understood thanks! I do realize what you said is true, and I am just using this as a basic fishing pond to get "general" thoughts as it at least helps with the initial basics of what at least has been used successfully with others with B&W's. I think your advise with the Rocket 33's may be a really good one as I have heard of AQ (in general) as being a good match for B&W and like you said, I can take them back if they don't work out. They are not exactly cheap and I can get a half price deal on the MIT's, but they are still twice as much.

AQ may be all I need.

Thanks again for the advice.
Hey CT,

What I meant was, I read that B&W recommends a certain "spec" not brand when using a speaker cable so as not to have the highs rolled off. Not sure where I read that, but seem to remember it. But you never see such specs when researching cables.