Amplifier specs, does they matter?

For solid state designs, the manufacturers boast about their signal to noise ratios, total harmonic distortions, slew rates, frequency responses, and many others. Meanwhile, the makers of the tube amps praise the liquidity and musicality of their designs. Obviously, amplifiers with tubes don't measure nearly as well as solid state amps. So, do any of these specifications really matter?
psag
Speaker ratings are especially superfluous. All amplifiers can drive 4-ohm speakers, and can usually handle 2-ohm loads. If an amplifier maker lists 4- or 2-ohm capability in their specs, they're probably trying to distract you from the amp's low-quality footpads.
Falconquest: I totally agree with you. "Same manufacturer would lend itself to the highest level of the system".
I have been enjoying all music with synergy without any tweaks.
My answer was tongue in cheek, but if you don't want to listen carefully, the weight is as dependable as any other spec.
Yes, specs matter, despite all the hype that only listening matters. That being said, few have speakers really able to test the spec limits. I have seen many highly rated amps have a square wave at 30 Hz completely distorted and worse as the frequency drops, and their 120 wpc rating laughable when power output at 50 Hz was a paltry 30wpc....O yes, power ratings are usually at 1khz, an easy load. Your 120wpc amp may only put out a fraction of that at the frequencies needing it the most. The rubber meets the road below 50 Hz. First it has to measure good, then sound good. Transformer quality is paramount, and circuit design. Good transformers come from companies like ARC, CJ, Quicksilver, and many others. Do your research....PT