What amp sounds most like Krell mcx monoblocks?

I am searching for another used amp that sounds very similar to the mcx series. Love the sound of the monoblocks, but I am concerned that buying another pair may become an instant trip to service at Krell as the line is so old.

Anyone know of something that sounds very similar to this amplifier? I am not asking for something better, just something that is basically a sideways move would be enough.

I never heard any newer Krell product and there are no local dealers.

Thanking you in advance.
Duke
yada
"I have had a few Krell amps and they are very reliable. Only need to recap them to have them back singing again. Class A amps are tough to beat."

Is it really necessary to have an older Krell recapped? I'm kind of surprised that everyone is recommending this like its a given. Krell's build quality is one of the very best.
The big mcx Krells don't show up on Audiogon for sale as often as they used to. Since Krell has stopped making big iron, it seems the older big Krells are becoming collector's items.
Hi Nickt, I bought some Aurios from you in 2002 and you mentioned Krell to me. Thanks for the AWESOME tip. I will keep looking for a used pair from a trustworthy source.
Dasign, wow!, you got off easy, However, I had alot more done to the krell 700cx amp I have than what you did to your MCX amps, I now have $11,000.00 in my amp, this includes shipping across the country, I also had to send the amp back right now, Krell had to do some proccesor adjustments on the amp, the left channel was over heating, however, Krell paid all shipping this time, and all repairs free of charge, I paid $3,150.00 for the modds and renewl of my amp, but the cost of shipping brought the total of the cost higher to $3,800.00 give or take, you know, buying a brand new skidd, all the rachett straps, etc..., I bought my amp used in 2012 for $7,600.00 the begin with, so do the math, anyway, I have NO regrets, BTW, That is exactly why I wanted this amp, The last big Iron, most powerfull stereo amp krell has ever made, Happy listening.
also, I will add, krell promply got to the amp and fixed the problem in one day, and is under testing and sound check, and testing for heat, took a 4 days to get there, so they have had the amp a week now, talked to patrick, likly I will have it back before the end of the month or sooner, Bill Mckeagan pushed my amp to be done a.s.a.p., Thankyou Bill!