Neutral and open sounding 300B tubes

Friends,
I am looking for a pair of traditional 300B tubes. My wavac came with a stock pair of 300B tubes which are of the cheapest variety. I bought a pair of Emission Labs 300B XLS and it was a totally different flavor, more dynamic, more bandwidth but a little less colour and touch which 300B are normally known for. I am thinking of trying another pair of 300B tubes which is of traditional variety but is not very coloured. Clean, neutral and open sounding without loosing too much of the 300B magic. My budget is $1000 for a pair. So that definitely eliminates original WE300B and Takatsuki (Japan) 300B. Probably I am left with only the Chinese options, Shuguang, Sophia Electric and TJ full music. Looking for some suggestions here.

I listen to all kinds of music so please suggest good all-rounders.
pani
Goldeneraguy.
You are right, one brand of 300b tube or amplifier can sound quite different from another(personal experience has clearly confirmed this). I understand your feelings for 845 amps, I like them also and could live with a good one very easily.I've become so fond of my 300b SET that I'll stay put.
Charles,
Pani,
There are a pair of the Sophia Royal Princess avaliable on audiogon for 675.00. That's a very good price for them, they don't pop up used often. It could be what you are seeking.
Charles,
Hey everybody

I just want add this extensive tube roll test of a good amount 300B tubes done by the late Ian Grant of Grant Fidelity for everyone to review.

http://grantfidelity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281

He covers a lot of 300B tubes so I hope this helps everyone. I know it is one person's take on these tubes but it is better than nothing.
If you have output transformers in an amp, you cannot choose a 'better' 300B because you'll  have sound artifacts, so the differences will be muted/distorted.  If you have a resistor based volume control, you cannot choose a better 300B, because again the differences will be muted. If you have an OTL amp AND  a Transformer or LED volume control, you can then give us all an accurate description of the sound a 300B.
Well, my experience is quite different I must say. My Coincident Frankenstein MK II mono block 300b SET has output transformers. Over the years I have had the opportunity to use a wide variety of 300b tubes.

Elrog
EML XLS
EML Mesh plate (a legitimate "mesh plate")
KR XLS
Takatsuki
Shuguang black Treasure
Western Electric Reissue (1990s)
Electric Harmonic
Sophia Royal Princess
Sophia Mesh plate (actually a perforated plate, not a true mesh).

With my system I could very easily and pretty quickly discern and hear distinctions (subtle and not so subtle) amongst all of this tubes. Each one of them clearly has their own unique sonic character.
BTW my system utilizes the Coincident Statement Line Stage which has transformer volume controls. What 300b OTL amplifiers are available?
Charles