Analyzing the power from the outlet

I've been reading threads on the various methods of power cleaning -- filters, regenerators, dedicated lines, etc. But I don't see a thread that explains a systematic way of evaluating the condition of the power at the outlet. Is there a thread or a link that instructs on how to analyze the power for noise, voltage consistency, etc from the point of view of an audiophile?
128x128cjk5933
It is entirely possible that you have exposed the pseudo science that many audiophiles thrive on. You are supposed to simply assume that your power needs improvement and then purchase a product to improve it.

A EE friend of mine just shakes his head at the majority of the audiophile power products, but does understand the use of a power regenerator in a county where the power grid is garbage.

My guessis that analysis before and after might yield a change, but it might be difficult to objectively prove an improvement.
Well, I've seen suggestions to validate the outlet voltage is consistently 120 V with a tolerance of +/- 3 V. Assuming the outlet meets that benchmark, that would, I think, obviate the need for a power regenerator. (At least I think that is the function of a regenerator.)

But, as far as the filtering of noise, etc. Does anyone know how to measure the amplitude and frequency of noise without electricuting yourself?

I'm not being facetious. I'm geninuely curious.

On a related note, it's my (limited) understanding that most audio components have a transformer as the first stage from the power input. Doesn't that automatically decouple most of the noise from the power?
There was a thread written here a month ago or so by individuals that are a lot more knowledgeable then myself. I thought they said that there was really no way of evaluating the condition of the power at the outlet or in the line.
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.