Lowend Preamp on a budget.

I have about $600 dollars to spend for a used preamp for a second home. What would be my best bang for the buck.

Thanks
rpence
One big question would be: do you require a remote? I know I did, and i was approximately in your same price range. It limits your selection a little.
I've seen the well respected Adcom GFP-750 for about $700. The Adcom GFP-565 isn't bad; about $350-$400...no remote.
Hi Lowrider57,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Passive-preamplifier-ALPS-Potentiometers-/190836562928?pt=US_Home_Audio_Amplifiers_Preamps&hash=item2c6ebedbf0

You could try this, for the best transparency from source to poweramps, if your system is passive friendly, this $99usd passive with 4 x input selector which has an ALPS Blue Velvet pot (very good) for the volume which you can pick the value of (10k, 50k or 100k) to suit your system.

If your not sure which value to choose, give me the ouput impedance of your source and input impedance of your amp/s. If you don't know these let me know which make and models they are and I'll try to find out for you.

Cheers George