Audio Research D70 mark1 + schematic

Hallo ! I´m trying to repair a D70 from 1983 . It has a 6DJ8
which determine the "workingpoint" for itself and the following two 6FQ7 tubes for each channel . This poweramp has no solid state parts and the cathodes of the 6DJ8 have two 1,5k resistors connected to each cathode ...... not 110 ohm and 511 ohm as mark 2 . I would very much like to find a schematic for this version of the D70 . ( The two 6FQ7 tube
in each channel have just two 6K powerresistors from their cathodes to earth ...... no other resistors as in version mark2 ) Regards Stewen
stewen1
Hallo again ! I have been working with other items lately but today returned to the nice D70 . Measured the voltages at the
TIP 41 regulator circuit as the former advice pointed out as important . The correct values shall be 335VDC and 327VDC so
the difference is about 8VDC . I have 338 and 337 VDC !!!
The only component I´ve checked so far is the 1N914 diode which was OK. Can I check the zeners (2)? What component is
probably failed ? The IC ? The transistors is in a Darlington coupling . Think I can check them in the circuit,
right ? I mean , I don´t have to desolder to measure them ??
Well , thanks for any help , advice . Regards Stewen
TIP41 likely shorted out.
Collector should be about 340 and the output to the B+ for the 6922 should be 304V ( in the D115)

The D70 and D115 are hard to troubleshoot.

I agree with Johnson. If you only have 1 volt drop across that regulator, it could be shorted.

Why the regulator is shorted might be the bigger problem. They normally go short from too much current draw in the load, which means you might fix the regulator only to reveal the load problem... the root cause.

When the current draw gets REALLY high, they first short out, then blow open, so it is not likely an extreme overload.

They can also go short because they have exceed thermal capacity, they got too hot. Older gear can have age related problems with heat sinking that causes thermal death.

Or in some cases the design was just pushed a bit outside of the envelope of the parts capabilities. Sort of an unintentional time-bomb. If that is the case, be prepared to replace it again in 2047. =-}
Well, This is a pretty old thread now, but maybe I'll get lucky.
I have a D-70 I'm troubleshooting for a drop in the bias after about 4-5 min of warm up.
I've have it current limited on a variac and was initially elated when I was able to bring the screen voltage up to spec by adding some capacitance across a 530 uFd cap. 
This seemed to cure a slow cycling splutter sound coming through the outputs and a day later, I tried adjusting the bias.
I found at the higher voltage AR recommends for setting the bias, that, although the spluttering was gone, it began drawing current after about 4-5 min.
I found this was due to a drop in bias voltage, which I've been trying to find the cause of since.
I tried monitoring the pre-regulated bias supply while separately monitoring the post bias supply.
I found the pre-reg stable at -54.6 VDC (Spec is -57) and initially the regulated was 30.5, but began dropping after 4-5 min.
The zener in the circuit measured neither short, nor open.
I've heard the circuit board is a bit of a nightmare to work on, as it's very thick and the tracings lift easily, so I'm trying my best to determine a cause before just tearing into it.
Any ideas?
Thanks
P.S. I realize the post regulated bias spec of -30.5 is low, spec being -37, but it's the instability that really hurts.
Thanks again