Accuphase Power Amps

I'm interested in buying one of the following:-
Accuphase A-35 or Accuphase P-4200
Does anyone out there own or have heard either of these components. I've heard good things and of course one is Class A and one Class A/B so there will be merits with one over the other. I listen to mostly classical music and own the Accuphase C2420 Pre and DP-510 CD Player. I can't run to the more money components higher up the ladder but evidently these are special for what they are unless anyone has any negatives.
beat496575
*Note that Accuphase usually conservatively rate their amps' power output.
Mine rated at 100w/8ohm does 180-200w without breaking a sweat, peaking near 300w! (Speaker's minimum impedance is 5ohm).
So assuming similar, you should be expecting close to double the published specs.

Bvdiman, I do agree that Accuphase amps are conservatively rated, however I don't think the Spendor's minimum impedance is relevant. It is specified at 5.5 ohms, but Stereophile measured it at ~6 ohms, and showed it to remain above 8 ohms most of the time. Also, the calculator I used to determine the numbers in my post, factors in 3db headroom for the amp, which is a double of power.

Again, I agree an Accuphase amps' power will increase dramatically into lower impedance loads, like a 4 ohm speaker dropping to 2 ohms. The Spendor is just not that type of speaker load.
Hi Tls49,
Should have stated more clearly that above has been my experience.
My speakers are spec'd at 89db/8ohm with minimum impedance dips to 5ohm as well.
Sure, there are many respectable amps that double their power as impedance halves.
However what I'm trying to convey above is that Accuphase amps in reality do put out much more power than what their written published specs may indicate.
Thanks for agreeing Bvdiman...I value your opinion as you and Nvp are very knowledgeable about Accuphase as you guys actually own the stuff.

I too have the Bryston 4BSST (not SST2) It's a good, solid amp with good bass, but the highest level of realism is not really there. To be fair, you could do worse than the Bryston. However, Accuphase smokes it in the realism and soundstaging dept. Even the P-4200 does, imo. I would like to ask Beat496575 how the Accuphase preamp plays with the Bryston amp. Good, bad, otherwise?

Bvdiman, sorry for any misunderstanding or if I was not clear, as I don't disagree, but absolutely agree with your comments. In the calculations, I did consider a 3db headroom for the amp, which would be 180w for the P-4200. For a 4db headroom, that would be ~225w, and for 5db headroom, ~280w, so just add 1db or 2db to the numbers cited in my previous post.

Also, I have experience with both Class A and A/B Accuphase and Bryston. Again, I recommend getting the P-4200, as I do agree with Dave_72 that it will smoke the Bryston in overall sound quality.