Question about shipping damage

I recently sold an amp and when the buyer received it he contacted me stating that the "speaker a" binding post were broken but the smp powered up and worked fine. Then I received another message from the buyer stating that one channel went out and the other was distorting.

I had taken the amp to a UPS store to have it packed and I watched the attendant pack it. She did a really good job of packing it with several sheets of bubble wrap and foam and then double boxed it (packing peanuts in the outer box).

The buyer even commented on how well it was packed. I insured it for more than the value so I think I'm covered.

My question is how to proceed from here. The buyer said the box was undamaged so I am mystified as to how the binding posts could get damaged and further more what could cause the amp to distort.

Has any one ever had this happen? If so what course of action did you take with UPS. Should I have the amp sent back and file the claim or contact UPS immediately and then have a pick-up scheduled.

Any direction or words of wisdom are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
chrshanl37
Geez, like a carbon fiber bike frame really needs a forklift to pick it up. I won't ship my vintage Cinelli!!!
Iso - yeah, I don't blame you. Is it Reynolds steel or True Temper? I owned a vintage Motobecane with Reynolds 531 steel frame and some of the most ornate lugs. Picked it up at a garage sale, paid $100 for it and it had Campy Grand Record group. Loved that bike, but regrettably sold it when I started racing to fund a more appropriate race bike. If I had a little more disposable income at the time, I would have kept it.
Jm, hate to say it but it doesn't matter if you use the original packing. Shipped a pair of Zu speakers in the original factory boxes for an upgrade which arrived at the factory with one speaker badly damaged at the corner.

UPS reviewed and denied the claim twice despite a letter from Zu confirming the use of factory boxes. It appears their tactic is to stall and deny and then see who wants to keep going. I'm pursuing the matter in small claims court.
Spoke with the store manager on Friday and he assured me they would make it right. Fingers crossed but if in the case I'm out the money at least it won't be a huge loss. But a valuable lesson for sure. I was talking to a friend about what happened and he told me of an experience he had where he sold an amp and they buyer claimed it was damaged when he got it. So my friend asked him to send it back. When the amp came back my friend noticed that it had been taken apart. Turns out the buyer cannabolized it for needed parts and didnt even bother putting the screws back in. My friend won the PayPal dispute but it took a while. Unbelievable!
Germanboxers, The Cinelli is mid 60's and is Columbus SL. I also have a mid 80's Biemmezetta Chronostar (also SL) with the shortened chain stays, so the seat tube is dished in to allow for tire clearance. The frame is fully chromed with translucent paint on the three main tubes, which they named Chromolova Orange, pretty flashy:) I also have a un-built Alan Carbonio 7 frameset with forks.
Those old Motobecane frames sure were beautifully built!! I had an old Dawes like that. I also had a Motobecane Prolight with the Vitus aluminum frame. Image a frame and forks that are just glued together!!!