kt-120 or kt-88?

Hay every one I am seeing more and more people go with kt-120 power tubes with there tube amps.

Whats the difference between the kt-120 output tubes vs the kt-88's?
Is it true that the kt-120 gives more power for your speakers too run?

I have a tube class A Triode power amp and can run the kt-120s but are they that better then the regular kt-120.

Whats your experience and thoughts of this tubes?
128x128jakecanada
ARC switched most of its tube amps over to the KT-120 in November 2010. Previously, the 6550 "Winged C" was the tube de jure. My previous ARC amp was the VS-115, which came standard with the 6550Cs. I dropped in KT-120s a soon as ARC cleared the new tube.

At least as far as my VS-115 amp was concerned power output increased from 115 wpc to 128 wpc. Sonically, IMO, the KT-120s cleaned the floor with the 6550Cs. Better headroom, dynamics, bass, etc.
So there IS a power increase? Can I check that with my Radio Shack meter? Seriously...I have wondered if I could do that...I'd like to be able to say my amp is more powerful, but with proof!
You would need a 'scope, a signal generator, and an 8 ohm 'dummy' load to see the difference in RMS power output in ARC products...I have. A bit more power but doubtful it would be audible. The KT-120 is a better sounding output tube in ARC power amps designed to use that tube.